David Mailman is a Bidjara person, who was born in Mitchell South West Queensland. David owns and operates his own Native Title and Cultural Heritage Management Consultancy Company and has previously worked in two Land Councils in Queensland- Gurang and Central Queensland Land Council.
David has been professionally involved in and lead positively negotiated Native Title ILUA’s and Aboriginal cultural heritage Agreements for over 10 years. He has worked extensively with traditional owner groups particularly in moving cultural heritage and ILUA’s beyond traditional agreements to leverage business enterprise and cultural heritage custodial management generationally and positive relationships with proponents and agencies.
David is familiar with communities who are confronted by changes within country and the need for partnerships with mining and resource companies and other developers or government agencies.
David is currently facilitating mediation and consultation with a number of exploration companies, mining companies and developers.
David brings to the team leadership and a rich understanding of Corporate requirements and compliance while fostering improved outcomes for Traditional Owner Groups. His extensive experience includes:
- Queensland Rail (QR) – Cultural Heritage Duty of Care risk analysis and report; Aboriginal community consultation; CHMP - Walton to Bluff Rail Line Duplication, Central Queensland
- Loch Neigh Gold – Mining Lease applications – Native Title community consultations and agreement – Bowen Basin, Central Queensland
- Queensland Energy Resources – Cultural Heritage Management Plan; Community consultation, Cultural Heritage Inspections/surveys – Gia People, Whitsunday Region, Queensland
- Wiri People – Connors River Dam Project – ILUA and CHMP – Bowen Basin, Central Queensland
- Barada Barna People – Connors River Dam Project – ILUA and CHMP – Bowen Basin, Central Queensland
- Kabalburra, Yetimarala, Koinjamal and Barada Barna People – CHMP – Anglo Coal Foxleigh Plains Project, Bowen Basin, Central Queensland
- Wangan and Jagalingou People – CHMPs; Ancillary Agreements; Access Agreements; Native Title Protection Conditions; ILUA; Right to Negotiate – Gallilee Basin, Central Queensland
- Fusion Resources – Cultural Heritage Duty of care compliance; Field Inspections/surveys; Aboriginal Community consultations; Agreement review, compliance and implementation - Mt Isa Region
- King Eagle Resources – Native Title Protection Conditions compliance; Ancillary Agreements – review and comment – Queensland wide
- Juru People – CHMPs; ILUAs; Field Inspections/surveys; duty of care compliance – Bowen region, Bowen Basin, Queensland
- Gia People – ILUAs; CHMPs; Access Agreements; Ancillary agreements; Duty of care compliance – Whitsunday Region, Queensland-http://shuteharbourmarina.com/home.html